The endless circle of love's symbol, the gold or Diamond Stud Earring, wedding band, Bangles and many more can be made of the metal of your choice. However, there are some things that you need to know about each metal before making your final decision on your matching jewelry set.
Here are the pros and cons of the different metals used in Several Jewelries:
- Yellow Gold - Yellow gold is the most commonly used metal for wedding jewelry that includes Rose Gold Plated Bangle, designed necklaces and earring set. Being that gold is already a soft metal, it is important to pay attention to the carats. Twenty-four carat jewelry is too soft, so eighteen carat gold tends to be the most popular. However, you also have fourteen carat and ten carat gold. Ten carat can tarnish because gold is usually mixed with copper, bismuth, and tin to make it harder. Depending on the softness, yellow gold can scratch easily.
- White Gold - Both white gold and yellow gold tend to be the most affordable. Just like yellow gold, white gold comes in carats as well where the higher the carat the more durable the metal. And where a lower carat of white gold may have yellowing issues, white gold does not. Because white gold is a mix of yellow gold and white metals, the durability will depend on the metals used.
- Platinum - Many gold bands have platinum settings so that the prongs will not break if snagged or hit. They bend instead. Platinum is recommended when you want to have a delicate setting style in the sides of a ring or on top of a wedding band. A disadvantage is that platinum is heavier than gold, but will hold up better in many cases and also can be more expensive than gold.
- Sterling Silver - Sterling silver is more affordable, but shows more wear and tear over time. It can look great, but you have to be wary of how it is treated. If you use your hands in rough situations, the ring may wear out quicker.
- Diamonds: These are the precious stones that are all viewed as valuable items, which will never likely be useless. Truth be told, a large number of these products are prone to build in value over time, and could conceivably be a good investment or inflation fence. It is significantly trendier to make investment other jewelry like Diamond Stud Earring, rings, nose rings and many more than in stocks, as you cannot wear and flaunt your stocks.